Brie, Que & Joesphine / Photographer: Rhett Hammerton
- Create greater awareness in communities and the wider NT of Sistergirl and Brotherboy identities.
- Sisters & Brothers NT is committed to empowering, supporting and increasing the capacity of gender, sex and sexuality diverse Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Advocate for gender, sex and sexuality diversity in the NT, with a strong focus on communities and individuals whom are marginalised or living in remote areas.
- Advocate for and/or deliver educational forums to engage elders, communities and families about gender, sex and sexuality diversity.
- Advocate for inclusive service provision for Sistergirl/Brotherboy, LGBTIQ people in remote communities with a holistic health approach
- Act as a consultative body on gender, sex and sexuality diverse identities in the NT for the media, service providers, the community and policy makers.
- Promote cross cultural exchange and inclusion by actively working together. Through the process of reconciling, within ourselves and with others, we create greater harmony in our community.
- Promote art/performance of Sistergirls/Brotherboy GLB people.
- Provide education surrounding the strong cultural practises of Sistergirls/Brotherboys GLB people.
- Provide peer support for young GLBTI people.
- Advocate for the mental health and wellbeing needs, including suicide prevention initiatives for gender, sex and sexuality diversity in the NT.